If you’re looking for superior grade composite rod, look no further than Cutting and Wear – our composite rod range is considered to be the best in the industry. It certainly should be, we’ve been manufacturing for over 50 years and have poured our experience and knowledge into creating it.
Our experience and knowledge, combined with our unique manufacturing process, have evolved in line with the innovations in tungsten carbide technology. The SupaCutt composite rod product range is backed by our ISO9000 quality system, providing you the assurance of using a high quality product which meets the challenging demands that are present down hole.
We offer a number of options covering a range of sizes, and all of our composite rod is available as standard, bare, or flux coated so we are sure to be able to meet your requirements. Our dedicated and knowledgeable sales team can help you decide which solution will work best for the job at hand, so please contact us with your specific needs.
- Steel cutting grades of tungsten carbide
- Sharp, angular and chunky fragments
- Made with high tensile brazing alloy
SupaCutt is a composite rod used for cutting applications and is manufactured from steel cutting grade tungsten carbide to produce high quality angled fragments. Available in a range of sizes and blended to optimise the packing density when laid.
- Ideal for stabilizers and other gauge protection products
- Rounded pieces of tungsten carbide for optimal wear resistance
- Consistent particle size for easy application
- Reduces grinding time
StarCutt & Sharkstooth
- Using our premium grade of tungsten carbide, CW6
- Provides very sharp and aggressive cutting structures
- Bespoke sintered WC formulated to maximise cutting profile
These high performance composite rods use our renowned StarCutt and Sharkstooth inserts providing you with sharp aggressive cutting edges and the robustness required on crucial areas of your milling tool.
SupaCutt Nickel Chrome Boron
- Available as both standard and non-magnetic rods
- Can be manufactured using our CW40 or CW60 grade sintered tungsten carbide, or crushed carbide held in a metal spray powder matrix
- Ideal for cutting applications where non-magnetic properties are required